Starting a home business that aligns with your faith and targets a specific religion is not only a good idea, it is a smart one as well.There certainly is a large market of people who would prefer to join Christian business opportunities, or purchase products from other Christians. Here are five Christian home business ideas you could use to start a home business and make money selling to this group.
1. Let’s start with t-shirts. Everyone one wears them and then orders more when they wear out. You can design t-shirts that offer bible pictures and quotes on them. By combining your faith and fashion you could be getting out your message at the same time.
2. Sell Christian crafts. You could run this out of your own home and have people come to you. By building a large inventory of Christian crafts you could appeal to a wide variety of people who go to church. If you start a website or blog you could sell your crafts online as well. This makes it possible for anyone living anywhere in the world to get into this business.
3. Do you paint? The bible is full of stories that you could paint. Both from the old testament and the new testament. Use your knowledge of Bible stories to come up with paintings that would offer not only beauty, but revive a memory as well.
4. Do you like books! Start a Christian bookstore and retail Christian books. You could add inspiring books that do not necessarily have a religious message in them. People love to read and are willing to pay for the privilege. To compete with larger retail book stores you will have to work at coming up with unique titles that they may not carry.If you want to sell online look at Leisure Audio Books and sell audio books for immediate download and make money doing that also. You could ship hard copy books by adding them to your website giving you a broad market to sell too.
5. Do you like to write. Contact Christian blogs and websites and offer to write content for them. You can earn $5 to $10 an article and write 2 per hour giving you a very good home business income using your computer and writing skills.
There is an unlimited number of ways to make money on the Internet and do it from a Christian business point of view. This is five Christian home business ideas. If you are willing to add a website you can create a worldwide business and make good money at home doing it.
Working from home means that your business is not immediately visible to the outside world. You don’t have a storefront, a warehouse or a prominent office for people to notice. You need to campaign hard to get attention. You’ll have limited facilities and a limited amount of storage capacity for advertising materials. What can you do? Marketing will always play a major role in the success of your home based business hence it will be wise that you use this tool in the most efficient way possible.
Just because your business is based at home doesn’t mean it can’t be connected to the wider trading community. If the product or service you are offering is aimed at the national or international marketplace, you first port of call should be the Internet. For this, you’ll need a company website. If you have good html skills, you may choose to build your own. There’s lots of free advice available online to help with this. Alternatively, you can look up professional web designers and find somebody to build your page for you. Prices for such services vary considerably and the more expensive ones are not always the best, so look at examples of their previous work and make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Your company website is extremely important. It will be the first part of your business most customers see. It is therefore worth the effort to get it right.
After building your website, you need to make sure that people will see it. You’ll need to register it with search engines and with specialist pages based on subjects related to what your business does. You may also be able to exchange links with companies which work in related areas but are not directly competing with you. Your website may be used just for marketing or it may be used to sell your product or service directly. If this is the case, you may also wish to consider doing business via auction sites. Every individual promotion based on goods or services available through your website, and linking to it, can attract more customers for you.
If your business is locally based, a website can still help to make you look professional, but it is not as much of a priority. In this case, you need to concentrate your advertising campaign in your home area. If you are tragetting other businesses, this may mean making phone calls and paying visits to their premises to talk about what you do. Print up some information leaflets you can hand out. It’s worth using good quality paper for these, even if they’re black and white – paper makes the biggest difference to how people respond to them. You’ll also need business cards, which are more difficult to make at home. Fortunately, there are a number of web based companies from which you can obtain these at a low price.
If you want to advertise your product or service directly to the public, you may consider printing some flyers.These are a cheap and easy marketing solution. There’s no doubt that marketing is a necessary expense and not some luxury which only large businesses afford, but businesses with limited funds should be careful when budgeting their marketing campaigns.